Sunday, November 28, 2010

showbiz no biz


This is my calendar for December. Note the lack of markings on it. Very unusual to not have anything listed on there as far as gigs, but it's turned out that you could shoot a cannon through my December of this year.

Actually that's just fine with me. Last December was just the opposite, with five gigs plus a couple of rehearsals. With the daygig, that's a lot. Or at least that's a lot to an aging curmudgeon like myself. A busy month, after which I seemed to have a Winter vacation from gigs, not to do another one until April.

So we'll see what the tide brings in for this season. One's calendar can change dramatically, from famine to feast--and unfortunately, I've seen it go from feast to famine as well, with a whole month's bookings all cancelling at once. Thusfar, though, you could shoot a cannon through my schedule and the only thing you'd hit would be a warning to myself, posted as a gig announcement, not to play downtown next year during the car show.

We'll see...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home