Monday, May 21, 2007

another CD


Man, I gotta be some kinda fucking idiot! I've got yet another CD that I'm getting ready to spring on the open market(or at least the .001% that buys my stuff..), this one--get the Dunce Cap ready--all classical music.


Well I do have one CD already of all classical stuff, Music of Sam Crain, which is available at http://cdbaby.com.all/scrain (just scroll down aways)which folks have actually bought a few copies of. Not a million copies mind you, just enough to make me think I could sell another such CD..


So in a very short time, here comes Music of Sam Crain Vol 2. The actual CDs are apparently ready to go and en route to chez Rog, and the packaging is- well, it's just embarked upon. Meaning I've got to get all that together. But I did call the nice folks who did the last one(Donna's House of Type)and thus made that first step in the journey.


A fairly simple matter really. I've got the cover picked out(a pic of New Mexico's beautiful 'skyline')and the liner notes should be no problem. Just gotta get off my ass a bit and get all that in motion.


As far as the actual music, it spans a 32-yr period, from 1975 to 2007. The stuff starts off nice and tonal, gets weird and then returns to quasi-tonality at the end. Sort of a full-circle harmonic experience. Hopefully a few people will like it and buy copies once all this is done and all packaged.


You never know, of course. But as a musician(or for that matter any creative artist)ya gotta keep moving forward as far as your output. So here comes CD #19. With, I'm sure, more to come.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home