Saturday, November 11, 2006

Saturday Slump

Too many beers last night after my gig. I feel like 10 pounds of shit in a 5-pound bag. Not a full-fledged hangover(what Johnny Carson would've described as so bad that you wake up to the sound of your next-door neighbor licking a postage stamp)but still kinda there.

Last night was the third week of a 3-week engagement at the Crowne Plaza Hotel playing solo guitar. Tough job, solo guitar. It involves much more concentration, total concentration in fact. No room for lapses or brain-farts. So I've been exhausted every Friday at 9pm. Beer usually helps that state of affairs, but last night seemed to take longer to unwind--hence more beers.

This is supposed to be guitar day, the day I get a new guitar. Fender American Standard Telecaster. Well, the store I'm getting it from opened at 10 this morning and will hopefully have it between now and when they close today at 5. November 11th was the anticipated delivery date, so I'm hoping this will come to pass today. Hangover or not.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home